- Distinguished Professor, Department of Psychology, University of California, Davis
- Professor Emerita, Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, Medical School, University of Michigan
- Edward C. and Amy H. Sewall Professor Emeritus, School of Medicine, Stanford University
- Lisa and John Pritzker Distinguished Professor of Developmental and Behavioral Health, Departments of Pediatrics and Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco
- Professor, Department of Psychology & Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, University of California, Berkeley
It is with profound sadness that we share the news that Dr. Bruce McEwen, a longtime member of the National Scientific Council, died in January 2020. McEwen’s ground-breaking research and wide-ranging knowledge has contributed enormously to the work of the Council and to the broader understanding of the effects of stress on lifelong development. He will be greatly missed.
Read a tribute to Dr. McEwen from his home institution, Rockefeller University.