JPB Research Network Members
Launched in 2015, the JPB Research Network on Toxic Stress brings together a deeply committed and distinguished group of scientists, pediatricians, and community leaders.
Javier Aceves, M.D.
- Professor of Pediatrics, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center
- Medical Director, Young Children’s Health Center
Byron D. Amos
- Board Member, Atlanta Board of Education
- CEO, Capacity Builders, Inc.
Website & Full Bio
Louis Appel, M.D., M.P.H., F.A.A.P.
- Chief Medical Officer and Director of Pediatrics, People’s Community Clinic
W. Thomas Boyce, M.D.
- Lisa and John Pritzker Distinguished Professor of Developmental and Behavioral Health, Departments of Pediatrics and Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco
Rahil D. Briggs, Psy.D.
- Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Director of Healthy Steps at Montefiore
- Director of Pediatric Behavioral Health Services at Montefiore Medical Group
Inger Brown Cheves
- Community Engagement Director, Community Partners
Kathleen Conroy, M.D., M.S.
- Instructor in Medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Associate Clinical Director, Boston Children’s Primary Care
- Medical Director, Young Parents Program, Boston Children’s Hospital
Megan R. Gunnar, Ph.D.
- Regents Professor and Distinguished McKnight University Professor
- Institute of Child Development, University of Minnesota
- Advocacy Project Manager and Policy Lead
- Office of Innovation and Policy, Children’s Home Society of Washington
CHSW Blog Posts on Alise Hegle
Takao Hensch, Ph.D.
- Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School and Boston Children’s Hospital
- Professor of Molecular & Cellular Biology, Center for Brain Science
- Director, Conte Center for Basic Mental Health Research at Harvard University
Photo of Takao Hensch by Fred Field
Pat Levitt, Ph.D.
- Simms/Mann Chair in Developmental Neurogenetics, Institute for the Developing Mind, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- W. M. Keck Provost Professor in Neurogenetics, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California
- Director, University of Southern California Neuroscience Graduate Program
Bruce S. McEwen, Ph.D.
- Alfred E. Mirsky Professor
- Head, Harold and Margaret Milliken Hatch Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, The Rockefeller University
Michael Meaney, C.M., Ph.D., C.Q., F.R.S.C.
- Scientific Director, Ludmer Centre for Neuroinformatics and Mental Health, Douglas Mental Health University Institute
- Researcher, Douglas Institute
- James McGill Professor, Departments of Psychiatry and Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University
- Director, Program for the Study of Behaviour, Genes and Environment, McGill University
Charles A. Nelson III, Ph.D.
- Richard David Scott Chair in Pediatric Developmental Medicine Research, Boston Children’s Hospital Laboratories of Cognitive Neuroscience
- Professor of Pediatrics and Neuroscience, Harvard Medical School
- Professor of Education, Harvard University
Institutional Bio | The Bucharest Early Intervention Project
Photo of Charles A. Nelson III by Fred Field
- Family and Community Engagement Manager, The Primary School
Suzanne Roberts, M.D.
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California
Jack P. Shonkoff, M.D.
- Julius B. Richmond FAMRI Professor of Child Health and Development, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School and Boston Children’s Hospital; Research Staff, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Founding Director, Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University
Photo of Jack P. Shonkoff by Fred Field
Michael F. Troy, Ph.D., L.P.
- Medical Director, Behavioral Health Services
- Associate Medical Director, Neuroscience Institute Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
- Former President and CEO, Nurtury (formerly Associated Early Care and Education)